Patient Participation Group (PPG)
**Please see above tabs for the PPG Reports and Attachments
We are committed to continually improve the services we provide to our patients and therefore support an active Patient Participation Group to help us. This group provides our patients with the opportunity to give their views on the services we provide and suggest changes that could be made to existing services or to highlight any new services that the surgery could offer.
What does the PPG do?
The PPG works in partnership with the surgery to strengthen the relationship between the surgery and patients in order to:
- Provide a forum for patients to provide feedback and comments to assist the surgery to continually improve services;
- Provide peer support to other patients to promote healthy lifestyle choices, self care and the understanding of long term health conditions and help to inform patients about any additional services available;
- Act as a 'critical friend' to the surgery by providing the patients' perspective, ensuring the service, plans and activities of the surgery respond to patient's needs and priorities;
- Identify opportunities to improve the patient experience;
- Support the production and review of patient facing information;
- Provide a link between the surgery PPG and the Southampton PPG Network so that patients can have a say about wider health services and issues;
- Foster and enable a spirit of openness, trust and honesty between patients and staff to facilitate two way communication between the surgery and it's patients to assist the surgery in meeting the needs and aspirations of all in a rapidly changing health service.
Can anyone join the Patient Participation Group?
Yes, anyone over the age of 16, registered at Woolston Lodge Surgery can join. The amount of your involvement is entirely up to you. There are four meetings a year which all members are invited to attend, however many of our members choose to simply give their opinions to specific questions when asked by email.
How do I join the Patient Participation Group?
If you are interested in joining the Patient Participation Group, please complete the attached form and return to reception.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
Once we have your form we will be in touch with the details of our next meeting.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.