Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
We are committed to continually improve the services we provide to our patients and therefore support an active Patient Participation Group to help us. This group provides our patients with the opportunity to give their views on the services we provide and suggest changes that could be made to existing services or to highlight any new services that the surgery could offer.
What does the PPG do?
The PPG works in partnership with the surgery to strengthen the relationship between the surgery and patients in order to:
- Provide a forum for patients to provide feedback and comments to assist the surgery to continually improve services;
- Provide peer support to other patients to promote healthy lifestyle choices, self care and the understanding of long term health conditions and help to inform patients about any additional services available;
- Act as a 'critical friend' to the surgery by providing the patients' perspective, ensuring the service, plans and activities of the surgery respond to patient's needs and priorities;
- Identify opportunities to improve the patient experience;
- Support the production and review of patient facing information;
- Provide a link between the surgery PPG and the Southampton PPG Network so that patients can have a say about wider health services and issues;
- Foster and enable a spirit of openness, trust and honesty between patients and staff to facilitate two way communication between the surgery and its patients to assist the surgery in meeting the needs and aspirations of all in a rapidly changing health service.
Can anyone join the Patient Participation Group?
Yes, anyone over the age of 16, registered at Woolston Lodge Surgery can join. The amount of your involvement is entirely up to you. There are four meetings a year which all members are invited to attend, however many of our members choose to simply give their opinions to specific questions when asked by email.
Click on the link below for our Terms of Reference
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.